Sunday, September 15, 2019

Project Pitch and Proposal

Project Pitch

For my final media arts project, I intend to create a short interactive film. I plan to exhibition it on my blog and YouTube, for an audience of the internet. I plan to distribute it using social media. This will be a nonfiction documentary type film exploring how hearth cultures - specifically Celtic Druidism - function.


Project Proposal

Materials I will need for this project are:


  • A camera
  • Video editing software
  • Scriptwriting software 
  • Research materials (books, articles, etc)
  • Miscellaneous paraphernalia
  • A computer
  • Internet access


As I continue to research into more media arts, I may discover more needed materials and software, but these are the most basic materials I will need.

I intend to create a series of short videos explaining various aspects of Celtic paganism, from the gods, religious practices, and holidays associated with it. I do not think I will need any collaborators, as I intend to narrate and speak in the videos myself. I would like to format these videos so that a viewer can easily choose which aspects they would like to learn about in no particular order. I intend to accomplish this by having them click on an image or inside of a video to trigger the selected informative video.

As a rough budget, I already own most of the required materials and many research articles can be found for free online, but I will set aside $100 for any incidentals I discover I need over the course of the project.

For a timeline, my process will be:


  1. Gather and organize research materials
  2. Create a rough outline/storyboard for each segment
  3. Write a script for each segment
  4. Gather any props needed for illustrative purposes
  5. Film each segment
  6. Edit segments individually and then assimilate them into one project


My target audience will be people who are new to Celtic druidism and looking for a basic introduction to the aspects of it.


References:

Roberts-Breslin, J. (2017). Making Media: Foundations of Sound and Image Production. Oxfordshire, England: Taylor & Francis.

No comments:

Post a Comment